Saturday, June 16, 2007

June ATC Swap


On my Byhand Artists Yahoo group we have a monthly ATC swap. This month the theme is orange, Art Deco, or a letter of the alphabet. I found an orange Art Deco clip that was perfect! I also thought I would try using a thin coaster from my pile of coasters as the base. I think it worked very well! I have been trying a new technique that I also used on the ATCs. Gesso - gel medium - transfer - thin layer of gesso - stamp - then I covered 2 of them with glaze. The third had a big mistake on it so I tried to fix it (the ATC above). I painted all around the head in orange and overstamped. Then I added the bottlecap. I also edged them all with a gold krylon pen, and added a few beads.

1 comment:

Heather Robinson said...

I just looked at this and went "wow", Linda. Absolutely beautiful....so gentle and graceful.