Sunday, December 14, 2008

Merry Christmas!



And Happy Hanukkah as well! Here is my huge cat Penny, sitting under our tree, her favourite place to sleep!

I have been busy making cards and other things that I can't show you, but here are 2 of my cards, and my very late November Mingle for Therese. Hopefully she's not looking!

This was a Paper Artsy stamp that my DD gave to me on a visit to her place in November. I just added the hat, the holly, and the Merry Christmas! (and some bling in the stars)

The Santa is popped up, but you can't see it in the scan.
The stocking is a wooden embellishment that I got in my stocking last year!

(snowflake is SU)


(back-image is Hero Arts)

Therese's "W" mingle 4X4 -W for Winter of course!

Twelve Days of Christmas

I am participating in a Twelve Days of Christmas gift swap on the Byhand Yahoo group. We each made twelve identical gifts, and sent them out, and we each got a gift. I placed all my gifts in a basket and waited. . .and waited. . .until Dec 13th, when we could start opening!!




This is my basket of unopened gifts, just waiting. . .


This is the Day 4 gift I sent out -no you can't peek!!

I will show you what I received for each day, but the day after so I don't ruin any surprises. Since today is the 14th, I can show you my first gift from Melanie that I opened yesterday!





A beautiful handmade book, with a piano hinge spine! The cover is made of a beautiful marbled paper. I don't know if she made the paper or not. If she did, I will update!

here is the spine

Thanks Melanie! This is a beautiful book, and a great start to the Twelve Days of Christmas!!

No comments: