Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Journal Pages

I haven't posted journal pages for awhile, and these ones are different from my usual. I enjoy drawing and sketching, so i have a moleskine that I draw in. I picked it up in 2007, drew 3 pages, then dropped it for some reason. Well I've begun again, and joined the yahoo Group Everyday Matters, which gives weekly prompts. I did a few pages, then did the prompt for this week, which was to draw in they style of a famous artist or style of art. I chose Gustav Klimt. So here are my pages since I picked the journal up again on the 7th of February:




8 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

OOOOh MY! I absolutely love these spreads...great fun! :)

Elizabeth Golden said...

These are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Daphne said...

wow! I love your journal pages....just awesome.

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

I found your pages fascinating for more than just the incredible artwork. I saw "Kentucky" jump off the page and realized that the book you are reading is about Mary Ingles. I live in Maysville, Kentucky along that exact Ohio River road (KY Route #8 - Mary Ingles Highway) that she traveled so long ago. She has long been an inspiration to women here. How cool that her legacy of bravery, strength and determination is still being shared today. In friendship, Diana Mains Welte

Laura Kay said...

These are great pages! Your sketching & the colors you use blend so well. Do you use colored pencils in your moleskin?

Sarah Ketelaars said...

Lovely. I love the Klimt inspired one.

Elizabeth Golden said...

I am loving all your journal pages. Inspiring, now if I could just find my journal....

Mescrap said...

THose journal spread are so wonderful and beautiful.